Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My New Hair!

So I FINALLY remembered to put this up! Last week I decided to do a blonde streak in my hair. Surprisingly enough, my parents (or at least my Mom) agreed. I chose to use the hydrogen peroxide & baking soda method. I had heard it worked well and I didn't feel like waiting until I could go out and get bleach powder or blonde dye. Some people (especially online) said it was a terrible idea and that I would ruin my hair, but I obviously ignored them. I soaked my hair with peroxide and then coated it with baking soda before wrapping it in tin foil. I ended up redoing it a few times because I would take it out before I liked the color. In the end, the stuff was in my hair probably about 5 hours. As you can see it didn't damage my hair much, only made it feel a bit thinner, but nothing drastic. I LOVE IT! My original plan was to put pink over the blonde part, but I decided I'd feather do ombré. My friend Amanda is coming over next week to help me do it. I'm really excited and love how my hair looks now!

~Ges

Down (wet)
Up and wavy (dry, after 1 week)


No comments:

Post a Comment